Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been drooling over audis for years. A4's S4's A6's etc etc.. I do not have the money for the S4 that i want. I can afford an A4. USED... Same with the A6.. So ehres my dilemna.
I see alot of A4's for $3-4000. I can afford that no problem. BUT I looked at a 2001.5 A6 2.7 T with 70k miles on it.. The guys willing to let it go for $10,000. Good deal. book value is $14k.
BUT $10k is a stretch for me. But I can not find any in the middles. Its either $3-4000 for an A4 with 100k+ miles on it. or this one. its a steal. every other A6 in the same years and mileage is alot more.. What should I do? Help.. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum:)

The 2.7T is a good buy at that price but its gonna cost you to run(fuel wise/insurance) and maintain as all Audi can be expensive and if anything major goes on it be prepared for paying out big $$$$ for parts and servicing !!

In my opinion as your budget is smaller you would probably be better going for the smaller 1.8T if you really want a turbo car which can be power upgraded for about $600- $1000 ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umHm

Gotcha Heres the thing.. an A4 1.8 with that many miles and that condition here is $9000 anyway. I make good money. and i have connections with ALOT of repair shops AND parts stores. foreign especially because of my last job and last few cars. I just cand find anything in between. I want 98 or newer. less than 100k miles and MANUAL tranny. all the ones i have been seeing are either a 95 or 96 with 140k miles for $4000 or 2003 with 50k for $20000 .. i think im gonna jump on the A6. I can sell it in a year for $10000 most likely .
I apprecite your input trmendously but I am just not finding cheaper cars that i can trust.
i have been looking if forums..
autotrader.com (sister company of mine)
cars.com
ebay
craigslsit etc..
nothing great. I saw one 2004 for like $9k .. auto though
Oh yeah a decent insurance policy WITH theft and collision came to $1490 per year. Thats peanuts. well in NY it is anyway. and the gas mileage is better than my last car. (suv)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts