Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have just installed a nokia CK-7W bluetooth hands free kit into my 2003 A4. Everything works fine except that the hand free kit never switches off when I switch off the engine. The manual says to connect an ignition wire to the unit. I have installed the unit under my glove box, does anyone know where in the car I can run/tap this ignition wire from?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I clever wire to tap into is the Cig lighter, the reason is this stays live for 1 hour after the car is turned off. (for changing phones etc, while you are away from you car..

Other option is on the back of the radio theres a igintion power wire.. i dont think this wire is used... you may just have to remove the head unit and test them with a meter to find it..

OR... does any one know which wire it is??

RicKT

·
Registered
89 Posts
the way

hi ya

Rick t idea is an ok one however the hands free kit is going to be looking for phones which is going to drain the battery not as much as your current set up, if you look a few weeks back you will see i have put some information up on installing this kit, i took a supply from fuse 5 i think its the one that has the telephone power, this is a s/w live and has been working fine i took the lower part of the dash off under ther steering wheel and installed it in the back of the fuse box,

hope this helps
sean:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
psycho sootie said:
hi ya

Rick t idea is an ok one however the hands free kit is going to be looking for phones which is going to drain the battery not as much as your current set up, if you look a few weeks back you will see i have put some information up on installing this kit, i took a supply from fuse 5 i think its the one that has the telephone power, this is a s/w live and has been working fine i took the lower part of the dash off under ther steering wheel and installed it in the back of the fuse box,

hope this helps
sean:D
Thanks a lot, this is a very good piece. I have installed the CK-7W and it works great (thanks to the forum) except for the described problem. I have read your earlier mail but sorry I am about to ask a stupid question..... how do I take the lower part of the dash off (under the steering wheel)? where are the screws that hold the dash in place? Did you solder a wire to fuse 5 or simply pushed the wire into the fuse5 holder?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry for delay away with the raf again, right then, lower part of dash is held in with a few 8 mm bolts i think its 3 or 4 then it pulls off, be really carefull, as for the wires its up to you? i have mine pushed in with the fuse so's not to mess with the cars wiring, which has worked great just make sure you take you time so not to damage the holder, once in i place a tie rap round the wire and to the side of fuse box. hope this helps dude?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts