Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im new to this forum and registered in hope of finding alot of answers. I am trying to purchase an Audi A6 3.0 and at the moment I am trying to get the most information I can about this vehicle. Alot of the posts I see are about problems and it is scaring me away from Audis :p. I know that the posts here dont reflect an entire population but any input would be appreciated. I am looking at a 2003 A6 3.0 Automatic with about 41k miles priced at 20,000 US dollars (certified and under warranty up to 50k miles). One post that concerned me the most is the CVT? posts and the issues with that. ANy input either good or bad would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first plunge into a luxury vehicle and I would appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum kmdkmd:)

I would say thats a good price for the 3.0.

I havent heard to many bad things about the 3.0 at all and as youve got a mileage warranty wouldnt worry to much about the cvt.

I believe Audi also offer a extended warranty plan after the 3 years standard manufactures as long as the car has been serviced by them...

Or you could always take out a further mechanical warranty when you reach the 50k from a independant warranty company which i would suspect would cost you about $600 for a year max !!

I would say go for it !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
that sounds like a good idea thanks for the input... I was feeling a little awkward getting no response. Maybe its becuase I asked a common question that has been discussed to death. Oh by the way I see alot of A4 1.8 turbos of the same year for sale and they are a little higher in price. Why is that? Its a lower model yet it has a higher value?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts