Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Audi A3 with the factory wheels. I want to paint them black. I bought brake caliper paint and I am confident the paint itself will be great. I want to ask that…… does anyone out there know if these wheels have a clear coat on them, and if so, would I need to strip/sand the wheels before I painted them. I just worry :( about the paint adhering to the wheels. I’m having aluminium rims if u too...having this one and know something about this plz help :unsure: me out..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Wendie!..it seems that i'm familiar to u...r u from UK??..well. brake caliper paint is really perfect for ur car's wheel.....yes, I can confirm there is a clear coat. Unfortunately I can't advise on the importance of removing the clear coat to get proper adhesion....bye for now..waiting for reply...

Originally posted by wendie@Aug 19 2004, 05:27 AM
I have a Audi A3 with the factory wheels. I want to paint them black. I bought brake caliper paint and I am confident the paint itself will be great. I want to ask that…… does anyone out there know if these wheels have a clear coat on them, and if so, would I need to strip/sand the wheels before I painted them. I just worry :( about the paint adhering to the wheels. I’m having aluminium rims if u too...having this one and know something about this plz help :unsure: me out..

·
Registered
272 Posts
as said paint is good but you will need to give the surface a key to paint to this is done with fine sanding. B)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts