Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m owner of a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro sedan. I am looking to up the HP in my A4. What should be my first purchase in doing this? Also could you list some websites? That would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Ibtisamali@Aug 17 2004, 06:06 AM
I’m owner of a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro sedan. I am looking to up the HP in my A4. What should be my first purchase in doing this? Also could you list some websites? That would be greatly appreciated..

i dont know any sites, but the best first performance mods on any car is CAI and exhaust work. just my .02 :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
the best way to up bhp is first a new chip. if im correct your quattro is around 180 bhp. for £500 jabba sport can up the hp to around 230. then you can add performance air filters 10 hp and a performance exhaust another 10 hp. but if you wana a b little more extreme try changing the turbo to a kkk turbo charger and adding a bigger intercooler if you want to b around 500 horses.

hope that helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say your best bet for fast/cost effective power boost is a chip upgrade. A 1.0 or 1.1 bar chip will probably be good for liek 30 horses. a new turbo, ie. either another t3 with a higher trim turbine wheel, or a t04 sport turbo will add even more. The t04 is a great upgrade because it fits in place of the stock turbo almost completely directly. However, anything over about 220 horses and the stock injectors become inneffective. I would say you could probably get between 240 and 275 horses w/ the t04 and adequate fuel management.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts