Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2003 A6 allroad. My husband did my 70,000 mile service himself, rather than taking to the dealer. However, the service reminder message comes on every time I start the car. We do not know how to re-set it. Please tell me I don't have to have the shop re-set it. Can anyone direct me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got an '02 A6 and what you do is hold the button 2 in the cluster while turning the ignition to ON, you will see a message "SERVICE IN ***" while holding that you press and hold the button 1 in the cluster and it will reset it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Turn off ignition
2. Turn on ignition while holding #2 button....button under speedo
3. Press button #1... under tach... until "service" text is cleared.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Audi A4 & A6 Service light reset

1. Turn off the ignition

2. Press and hold the button on the left hand side of the display while turning the ignition on. (NOT THE ENGINE)
Service oil will be displayed.

3. Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared.
The display should now read ---

If the above procedure does not work, outlined below is a alternative procedure.

THIS IS THE ONE I USE FOR MY 2004 A6 2.7T

Here it is as clear as I can make it:

0. Display reads "Service!" when you first start the car.

1. With the ignition key in the off position, push and hold the right button under the speedometer. This is the button you use to reset the trip odometer also.

2. Turn the ignition key to the on position, but don't start the engine. Keep holding down the right button while you turn the key.

3. Push the left button under the tachometer. Your service light should reset to say something like "Service in 8100 miles."

·
Registered
56 Posts

1. Turn off the ignition

2. Press and hold the button on the left hand side of the display while turning the ignition on. (NOT THE ENGINE)

3. Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared.

If the above procedure does not work, outlined below is a alternative procedure.

1. With the ignition key in the off position, push and hold the right button under the speedometer. This is the button you use to reset the trip odometer also.

2. Turn the ignition key to the on position, but don't start the engine. Keep holding down the right button while you turn the key.

3. Push the left button under the tachometer. Your service light should reset to say something like "Service in 8100 miles."
Damn, I was hoping that this work on my '04 A4 but unfortunately it didn't. I tried all sorts of combinations after holding the reset button but no luck...

Hey lowpro, do you let go of the button on the right before pushing the button the left? And by button on the left, are you talking about the "-" (minus/subtraction sign) that adjusts the date and time? One would think that if this worked for your A6 that there would be a good chance it would work for my A4.

Thanks.:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
this worked on my 97 A4
although i am unsure as which 1 worked, i just pulled and pushed both in various combo's until it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried various permutations and the following worked.

- Hold down the right-hand button (Trip Odometer/Milometer)

- Turn ignition on - display reads "Service!"

- Release button, then press it again. It then reads "Service in 8100 miles"

I have a 2000 A6 2.7T Quattro and it's a California registered vehicle, just in case that makes any difference.

Simon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just fixed my "SERVICE" warning.
I own an 2004 A6 2,5 TDI,
From the indications here it didn't work, but I tried to hold the button from the Km reset under the speedometer before first turn of the key and is ok.
Try to press and hold the km reset before you insert the key and keep it pressed till the motor starst!
Good Luk!

·
Registered
2 Posts

1. Turn off the ignition

Thank you, the second worked for my 04 Allroad 2.7! It says service in 10000 miles though, haha. Thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts