Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Audi TT Quarttro 2002. I had to change the battery and now my stereo stop working showing SAFE on the screen. I need to know how to reset it because I don't have the manual book for the stereo. I bought my car used and the owner lost the book. I called a dealer and they told me I have to pay $60 to reset it. Can someone post an instruction on how to reset it. I'll find out the code from the Audi. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
this is from my '05 s4 book:

-turn on the radio, the word SAFE is in the display
-press AS and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until 1000 lights up on the display
-release buttons!!
-use station buttons to enter the code. only the first 4 buttons
-once code is in display, press AS and RDS simultaneously and hold them until the word SAFE is in the display

Soon afterwards, a frequency will be displayed.

If you screw up, repeat it. If you screw it up a second time, your radio might be locked for an hour, but you can try again after that.

I hope our radios are similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I've bought a second hand Audi A80 and the radio appears to be locked - I say 'appears' as the LCD has gone and I can't see any of the settings on the screen. In anycase, it isn't making any noise other than a hiss.

My question: I know the unlock code and when to enter it, the only trouble is that since I can't see the screen, I'm not sure how the numbers are entered/increment. I know I'm to use the first four preset buttons but:- do I hold them down and count, say 5 seconds for a '5' or do I need to press the button 5 times? The complicating factor here is that one of the digits is a zero - is this the default. Also, after I enter one number, do I need to 'nudge' along to enter the next.

I've tried all the obvious combinations and it maybe that the radio is 'properly' factory locked. Please could somebody who can actually see what they're doing describe the process?

It's a Blaupunkt Melbourne SQR39 but I guess that loads of models will operate in a similar way.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tip about the first digit '1' - but still dead. Guess the force wasn't with me this time.

The code has probably been tried too many times and it's been factory locked. Anybody got any tips (aside from taking it to a showroon - if they'll even look at a '93 model)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, but I've actually got the original manual and the radio's original manual - it's flying blind that's the problem - can't tell if it's locked, dead etc. Sadly you're probably right - a few bucks at the garage. Thanks for the link though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I couldn't drive without tunes. When I found my Audi, it already came with a 6 disc in-dash CD, AM/FM (which never get used), XM sat. radio (which is the greatest thing since CDs were invented), and even a tape deck (great for my old Grateful Dead bootlegs, but even those I have been d/l from etree.org and burning to CD). I don't think you can buy tapes anymore, can you? I had to check the trunk to make sure they didn't sneak in an 8-track or a record player.

I wish there was a USB port for me to plug in my external HD with over 100 gb of music...maybe in my next Audi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts