Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Audi 90 with the 2.8l engine I am wondering if anyone out there knows how to get the codes and what they mean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok I am going to reply to my own topic. I found a site that will tell you exactly how to check trouble codes and what the codes mean it is www.v12.org or somthing along those lines. Now I have another question for you gearheads. Does the ecu automaticly shut down an injector if it senses a problem such as a blown head gasket. I know some cars will do that but I am working on an Audi for the first time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you find out how to do that? I am looking as well, it seems to be the best kept secret since a dealership charges in excess of 100 dollars just to have your own car tell you what is wrong with it. I had an American car (was a piece of junk from day 1) give up its codes by pressing 'high heat' and 'high ac' at the same time...something a normal driver would never do intentionally and poof! the trouble codes came up on the display. I found a list of trouble codes, but not a clue what method to use to get them unless I pay a dealership. The url for the codes themselves was: Audi OBD-II Trouble Codes
But...how to get the car to give them up is a mystery to me. I will let you know, if you will let me know??

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Guys...sorry I didn't chime in earlier got alittle tied up with my coupe this morning. All those sources that you guys found for troubleshooting the car and pulling codes are correct. I think the best way to do it is what jaimesonlee said grab yourself a VAG-COM tool and pull them directly from the ECU then go on the website to find out exactly what the codes mean. Good job guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts