Audi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Take a small screwdriver and insert it into the tiny grove in the key then just separate the two pieces and replace the two batteries... really very simple.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried, but those two parts won't seperate.
I was trying to lift up the audi logo part with a screwdriver, but didn't work.
any suggestions? should I put more force?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot man..... this is soooooooooooo helpful...
by the way. I've got the same car as yours... cheers..
will upload picture of my car later

·
Registered
6 Posts
B5RyGuy said:
Glad I could be of service... Yeah these whips are great... I love mine u have any mods on your yet?
hahaha nice! That video's cool... You should build a library of video "How-to's" for Audis. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
video was removed :(

Hi,

probably that video was very helpfull but it is not there anymore :( the battery of my master key is out too and i couldn't find out how I can replace the battery. does anyone know how to do that?
thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ran into the same thing with my spare Audi TT key fob, found this thread but no video. So here's what I did and was a snap to do

Case separation is easy by simply placing the tip of a flat screwdriver or butter knife in the indent on the side that has the Audi symbol and turning it to apply pressure pushing the two halves apart. One half is the mechanical switchblade key and the other, with the buttons, is the electronic half.

The electronic side with the FCC and ID numbers on it DOES pry open. The entire top will come off, not just the small square with the writing on it and the Figure 8 key ring will fall loose. Remember to put it back when clicking the case back together.

When you pop that part off, you'll see the two little batteries stacked on top of one another, both positive side down.

Hope that helps!
Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts