Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the front bumper off in order to pop a dent out of it.

I've undone the torx screws in the wheel arches, and the ones attached to the undertray, but the bumper extends right up around the grille and the bonnet catch. I can't see what to undo here to release the bumper. Any suggestions guys?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
did you get the screws that connect the fender to the bumper?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys, I will take another look this evening. I know I'm just missing a few really obvious bolts/screws somewhere.

Thanks loads for the Haynes scan too, L3E00, that should make things miles easier. Give me a broken computer and I will fix it, but I am f 'ing useless when it comes to cars!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** , I just read the bit which says "the centre pins cannot be recovered until the radiator is removed". Nice bit of design there, Audi :wacko:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
lol sucks eh? makes u just wanna throw the car out right? put it curbside for the garbage men to pick up :grin: i did that and got a ticket for a no parking zone..... pshhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by kazyee@May 15 2006, 04:35 PM
lol sucks eh? makes u just wanna throw the car out right? put it curbside for the garbage men to pick up :grin: i did that and got a ticket for a no parking zone..... pshhhhhhhhh
lol yeah it just seems pretty stoopid design by Audi. That's the sort of engineering you expect on a Daewoo (sorry, Chevrolet :grin: ), not an Audi.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
In my opinion Audi are clever and design there cars to make DIY difficult so owners are forced into using there dealerships for any repair or replacement work.

It still stinks though - I never had such problems with my old BMW.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by L3E OO@May 14 2006, 10:15 PM
I have attached a photo from the haynes manual I have , Hope this helps.[attachmentid=1082]
Hey, I saw from the photo on the main page that you have done this yourself previously. I just have a couple of questions:

1) Was there any way to avoid dropping those pins down the back of the radiator?

2) If not, is there any harm in leaving them there? I guess they would rattle around if nothing else :-/

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have just taken my bumper off again tonight, to fit some new headlights and I wouldnt pay any attention to the point that says you cant get them out without refitting the raidator - its a load of bollocks.

When you push the centre's out just look to where they come out - may need to feel you way with you fingers and grab them as you push - i found it no problem retrieving them at all.

The only problem about removing and refitting the bumper is getting the thing back on! It may be easier if you remove the wheel splash guard (wheel arch) , its a bit of a pull to force it back round the plastic arch but it can be done just be patient.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts