Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my partners car and wants to have a child seat in the front so im gonna need to turn off the airbag ! anyone know how to do it ? this is the first of the a3 's so does'nt have a key for the pass airbag ! what i need to know is where the wiring is for the airbag , i've found a connector behind a cover on the end of dash board can any one confirm this is the air bag ??? regards steve

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I think youve got to get Audi to turn it off but i might be wrong-I got the same issue on my wifes A3.I wouldnt recommend pulling off connectors or wires in case you cause yourself elcetrical problems.Is it a baby seat you want to put in the front or for a small child?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
You can use VAG-COM to disable airbags... however.. on this one i would recommend Audi... as if god forbid anything happened you have the documention from Audi stating they had disabled it.

Are you sure theres not a key or option in the hand book for disabling this??

Rickt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Passenger Airbag

Hi, my '01 1.6 Sport has a key hole to turn the passenger airbag off which is situated in the top right hand corner of the glove box. Check there before contacting Audi. Nick T.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts