Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to open up my headlights to place r8 style led strips within. Has anyone opened the headlight up before? If so is there an easy way? I have not had a go yet but would like some experienced help before I attempt it.

thanx!

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
I think this link should help

:: Link

·
Registered
7 Posts
HID intermittent

Well, I've recently joined Volkswagen as a tech so I roll my A4 and guys helped me to figure that out.
Yes, Volkswagen scanning tool app will detect and support A4 diagnostics.
So I removed the driver side one, opened projector, removed the lamp and by pulling some cables of the harness that laid down inside the housing behind lenses, I found that ALL the wires almost loss their insulation completely. As I started wiggling them, insulation simply fell off. One of the wires were shortened so thats where my source of "intermittent driver side light". :mad:Scanner shows "malfunctioning" though. Now I in the stupor of either: a) replace just harness by opening the lamp;
b) run new harness through caves and disregard, cut out visible parts of the old one without opening the lamp;
c) save some dough and buy pair of cool black ones (AUDI A4/S4 B6 8E EURO CLEAR CORNER D1S XENON HEADLIGHTS: eBay Motors (item 120641822092 end time Dec-01-10 10:37:40 PST)).
Lamps and ballasts are OK over both sides.:cool:
What pisses me off is that car is not even 7 years old and harness inside lamp clamped to the housing with no freaking access to remove it. In order to completely remove it or re-seal the insulation (???!!!???) I'll have to open the lamp by heating-up and scraping the glue off. Then re-glue it. Sure it gives me an opportunity to paint inside but it is not my concern at this point. All I need is working freaking lights. Man, I'd like to submit a few good words to those engineers.:D:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts