Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Quattro and i want to increase the boost.

I bought a turbosmart manual boost controller but it didnt seem to work.

What can i do to boost it??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
You can get the car chipped or ECU remapped which will give you extra bhp,more torque and extra boost.You dont state which model quattro you have 1.8/2.7t so i assume its 1.8t.The boost controller wont work on its own without the cars ecu changing the running of the car.You should also think about upgrading the dv as the stock bosch valve is prone to failure and if you up the bhp will not handle the pressure.I would recommend the forge007 for the job.
Cheer t-sport

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
no point in getting a boost controller for a lil K03
just get chipped look in to APR, REVO and GIAC
ur gonna have a head ache with tuning it so might as well let the profressionals waste their time and come up with a good program for ur car

·
Registered
11 Posts
simply putting on a boost controller will be a quick way to blow a turbo or engine. If that is all you have, it will only really help the spool time, thats if you have it in the right spot. Make sure the aftermarket one is inline before the stock on so that the stock one is not reading higher boost levels than stock, because the ecu will do things like retard timing and fuel cut. But what you really need is a good tune/remap. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts