Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic changed my ignition switch which tripped my 97 A4 into lock mode on the stereo. I know there is a code but, since I bought the car used, the radio owner's manual is missing which has the code in it.
I took car to audi dealer for code and they say i have to pay $75.00 just to hookup the car to a computer back east to retrieve the code! THey can't just use the VIN number. So, here I am going weeks without a stereo. Any other ideas besides putting car in shop for a whole day just to get a code which should be rightfully mine for free???:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
theres no generic cod.....

i would of suggested going to your dealer and asking them to get the code for you....

Maybe get a copy of VAG-Com and see if the option is there.....

I have got a copy of vag-com so i will have a look when i get a min to see if theres the option.

Rickt

·
Registered
4 Posts
your mechanic should own up and pay the 75 bucks that it costs for the code. if you have the original owners manual it should be included in there. however, if you dont have the code with the manual, it might be a better idea just to get a new deck since dealerships have a nasty habbit of charging more than quoted. if you have the bose system then there is no need really, but if not, i would reccomend getting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts