Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 S4 that recently went from getting 22mpg to 16.6mpg:(...and NO, its not because i am racing around town, in fact, i am driving like a grandma in hopes to get over 17mpg. I know this is a broad question, but what could be the culprit for this sudden decrease?? I filled the antifreeze (that was below the minimum line) like a week ago but it has not gone down since. That is the only thing that is out of the ordinary, everything is running like usual and i dont have a loss of power (although i haven't really tested it, remember, grandma driving...). I have APR's software but i have had it for around a year without any problems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
First of all you should run a VAG-COM test on your car and check for error codes. Very low MPG can be cause by a bad lambda sensor or by a bad MAF. The problem is that you see the error code only when the lambda or MAF ar totally broken, if they are close to dieing VAG won't report anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir, i will run over to my shop and have it hooked up real fast...should they be able to see if they're close to dieing or will i have to wait till their completely broke for anything to show up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts