Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 A6 and it did not have an Owners Manual. Can someone please tell me how to program the Homlink button?

Thanks

Bob F.

·
Registered
12 Posts
did you check under the steering column for the manual?.....that is where i found mine........freeking germans....

·
Registered
3 Posts
i believe you hold the two outside buttons until the red light flashes then push and hold wichever one you want to program until the led blinks fast you then take your garage opener and point it right below the pass headlight(be about 6 in away w/remote).push and hold the button on the opener and your lights should flash.release button and your done

·
Registered
3 Posts
You hold down the button you wish to program, point the remote at the Homelink pressing the button to be programmed on the remote. Hold the buttons until the flashing on the Homelink changes from rapid to slow. Release the buttons and the job should be complete.

If you are programming a garage door opener with a 'rolling code' (typically these have a keypad outside the door that accepts a four digit code, but not always) the programming is way more complicated and requires manipulation of the 'learning button' on the garage mechanism itself. How you do that depends on the type of garage door opener you have installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts