Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an '02 allroad with Homelink. Can the Homelink be reprogrammed so that it can be operated without powering up the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
hmm.. homelink is swithced so it'd be a pretty major re-wiring job to get it to not be... you'd have to locate the wire where it goes into the fuse box and move it to an opend non-switched location.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer! But thanks for the reply. I kinda figured that was the case but I thought I would ask just to be sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I like the allroad a lot! So far it has been totally trouble-free and runs like a scalded cat! I'm not a big fan of SUV's so I hope Audi keeps building the allroad. I won't buy a Q7 or Touareg or any others for that matter.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
t-reg isnt bad... the cayanne/Q7/Treg chasis isnt big enought where its obnoxous... i hate suburbans, etc, but smaller german suvs are okay if they serve a purpose... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I definitely agree. If I was going to buy a SUV it would be one of the ones you mentioned. Most likely the Touareg. Though, they have had some niggling problems with electronics. I might consider the Q7 after it has been out a couple of years but still, I just don't really care for climbing in and out of the vehicles, I don't need that type of vehicle and I firmly believe the allroad runs cirlces around the whole bunch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts