Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background- I'm 21 years old and have been driving a 2003 subaru WRX for 2 years. Don't get me wrong, i love the car. But I fell it's time to move on. It's yellow, it's loud, it's rice. I'm ready to move into something more high class, high dollar and not so "street racer".

However...

I have ALOT of work in my wrx, pushin 300+ horse power. I am not lookin to match that number with a TT, but I would like to do some work to it, it's in my blood(I am currently going to school for high performance engines and chassis fabrication).

I would be starting w/ a 225 model. Anyone out there running some respectable numbers in their TT? What kind of mods are out there for these cars?

Lookin for someone to talk to about options for turbos, wast gates, intercoolers, boost controlles, clutches....ect

-Pat
P.S, heres my car now....

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by WRXto?@Feb 28 2005, 09:24 PM
Background- I'm 21 years old and have been driving a 2003 subaru WRX for 2 years. Don't get me wrong, i love the car. But I fell it's time to move on. It's yellow, it's loud, it's rice. I'm ready to move into something more high class, high dollar and not so "street racer".

However...

I have ALOT of work in my wrx, pushin 300+ horse power. I am not lookin to match that number with a TT, but I would like to do some work to it, it's in my blood(I am currently going to school for high performance engines and chassis fabrication).

I would be starting w/ a 225 model. Anyone out there running some respectable numbers in their TT? What kind of mods are out there for these cars?

Lookin for someone to talk to about options for turbos, wast gates, intercoolers, boost controlles, clutches....ect

-Pat
P.S, heres my car now....

:lol: Rice :lol:

Starting with a 225 you'll have no problem finding aftermarket parts to push you well over 300+. I am not speaking from experience with a 225, I personally have a 180, but I have found performance parts to take me well into the 250 HP and 275 ft lbs arena. Have I used all of these parts? NO, do I plan on bossting my car up around these numbers? NO. What I do know, is that you could easily sink $5-8K into a 225 and reach impressive numbers. Good Luck and keep us posted on your decision.

Also, the TT is so much better looking than the WRX, come to the classy side. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone out there running a differant turbo?

What kind of boost do these babies run stock, and what will the block hold w/ proper tuning?

-Pat

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by WRXto?@Mar 1 2005, 04:41 PM

What kind of boost do these babies run stock, and what will the block hold w/ proper tuning?
-Pat
Didnt even get a Thank You for my reply....ouch.....might want to keep you on the Subaru side.

:w00t:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by WRXto?@Mar 1 2005, 03:41 PM

-Pat
Pat welcome back from the dark side :D Well I too have owned Turbo Honda's, Mitsu GSX & GST's and finally, like you wanted a bit more class in my ride. And again just like you I"m a gear head. Yes many people do turbo up grades. APR has several upgrades that will push you to the 340 plus area. I'm just about ready to do my turbo up grade and I'm going with a Garrett GT28R Ball Bearing Turbocharger which is basically the same turbo upgrade from APR. I believe stock boost is 6 or 7 lbs. With a chip up grade and boost controllor 12/14 is possible. A good source of speed tips to check out the VW speed forums as Audi and VW share most of the same engines. So a lot of what is done with the VW is possible with the Audi. Maxium hp for the 1.8 in any version is about 400 hp without engine internals. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hows it going good choice I must say with the 225 TT Quattro. If you haven't already figured out replacing the turbo in that car is a slight pain to do but after you drive it you tend to forget about the time it was in the shop. Look up Borg Warner on google. They are the stock turbos found on Audi's your Turbo is called the K03 you can put a K04 on which will dramitally increase power and torque. Stratmosphere is also probably the most well known company for audis yet it is also the most expensive. I've seen them go to a stage 7 TT. Anyway check out ecstuning.com, and goapr.com, and look up HTM motorsports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts