Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first time here,

I have an Audi TT 2002 model (225 bhp) , i noticed today that my engine temp was getting high not to reds lol, but a line before the reds.
Was getting up and down, up and down, even if the car was closed the temp still getting up lol.

Anyway, i went to my mechanic , he checked the car and he didnt find something mechanically. Tommorow i will go to the electrical eng. , but i heard that many TT'S had problems with Fault temps, i mean wrong temps.
Anyone who had that problem, please advise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey man, i'm ur neighbour from lebanon.

anyways i have the same prob with my 2000 model, hooked it up to a bosche scanner the other day, turns out my cooling fan switch is goin bazurk :s when the temp get's to 115 degrees the second phase of the cooling fan is turned on and the temp is returned to normal, which means the first phase (@90 degrees) is not active.

but the wierd thing is, the engineer told me to try adding some water to it before changing the cooling fan switch, it worked but the temp still rises when the car is closed.

anyways goodluck and tell me what happens with u.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If u turn the car on (first thing in the morning) and the temp is high all ready, it means its showing faulse levels = The TempCensor might be damaged or ur temp gauge from the isntrument cluster (or both).

The sensor is for arround 250$

The Gauge in the instrument cannot be changed by itself, u have to change the whole Instrument Cluster which is arround 1000$

Themostat should also be checked..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts