Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all like I say I'm having a problem with the clutch slipping on my audi A6 2.7Bi-Turbo , It's a 2000 model and only done 53000 miles surely it can't be knackered already? It just started hapening earlier on today and got worse later on. Can I expect it to pack in soon or might it be a temporary glitch?
It only does it in lower gears when accelerating hard, it seems to slip mid range then grip ok again at higher revs.
Has anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it , or is it a garage job?
:( :unsure: :unsure: :( .

Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok .

Went to my local Audi dealer and they said , £1200 for a clutch replacment :crying: :crying: :crying: and they can't manage for at least another fortnight.
so went to my local volks center(just a garage that does Audis and volkswagons) the the main man there seem to know what he's talkin about said it could be an oil leak in the clutch housing or just a burnt out clutch due to :unsure: driving un-normaly B) . so anyhoo he gave me a quote of £660 for the clutch replacment,Still not very cheap but it's going in next week :)
When I asked why it was so expensive he said it's the mother of all transmisions to take out and it would be a 2 day job so i just hope it's the clutch burnt out and nothing serious like burst seals or out!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts