Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Audi members,

I'm from Australia and I'm a first time Audi owner and very stoked about it.

I didnt even consider buying an Audi, i was intending to buy a Merc Slk230 2000 model, but one day I was loaned and Audi TT Coupe for the day and i fell in love with it.

It was such a fun and zippy car to drive and so much more fun than the boring auto Slk, so i just had to have it. A week later i bought one and im enjoying every drive in it.

Its such an attention seeker, and a smooth car to drive and very nifty for parking. My dog Peppy loves it in the back, i fold the seats down and he just lays there and sunbakes as i cruise.

I only have one issue and that is the rattle coming from the rear sun visor on the hatch. Does anyone else have this problem or is this a known fault from Audi. It can be rather annoying and I'm hoping there is a quick fix for it, like maybe adding another rubber washer or something.

I've attached a picture of my new addition.

Cheers
QTT

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
QTT-

That rear deck area cover is a rattler. I know there have been some fixes but I read about them at www.audiworld.com. Try there and do a search in the TT forum before posting your question.

Our TT looks just like yours. The cover rattles some but it is not too bothersome. Maybe yours is not fully clipped into place.

Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tech help: need those instructions to fix that squeaky rear privacy shelf rattle.

1) Pry open the two halves of the shelf. Do this by running your fingers under the inside edge of the shelf and pulling up on the rounded half and working your way around the shelf. The shelf referred to here is the main large piece that covers the trunk cavity. (I couldn't get the photo to work....sorry)

2) Remove the metal "bars" running along the front and rear edge of the shelf.

3) Apply silicone liberally to shelf halves and snap back together.

from www.audiworld.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
QTT-

One more idea. Sometimes the rattle is not the cover but the seat backs of the backseats! Be sure they are securely locked into place. Open the rear hatch and just shake the seat backs, if they're loose, unlatch them and then close them again with a pretty good slam to be certain they get fully locked and (excuse the pun) seated into position.

Good luck, mate!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have not noticed that problem on my TT but it sounds like you've been offered some good tips. Great to know the TT's are down under! Your TT looks great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
:(
I am pretty obsessive compulsive about rattles and even took the tray out at one stage but prefered the look with it in and so have gotten used to the noise. I took a look at the tray and figured that unfortunately it seems to have some inherent design flaws which promote rattles and think a one piece molded unit would have been more rigid & preferable. I am going to try out the idea in BeechSierra's posting to see if it helps - thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is possible that it's a miss fit as since this discussion has started I have paided closer attention to my cars noises and I do not notice my rear shelf making any noise. It could be that your shelf might just be flawed. I don't know just some ideas. Maybe you could swap it out with another TT or a dealer and see if it still rattles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, you're one of the lucky ones then! I believe there were some problems that Audi had to step in and fix. If my shelf continued to rattle (which it doesn't) then, like you suggest, it may be a bad shelf or some other defect that the dealer has to repair.

Good luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
:wacko:
I have tried refitting my shelf a couple of times and it does not seem to help. Strangely, I do not recall it rattling initially but that could be because I was more excited about driving the car when I first got it and only noticed the rattle later!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts