Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am a former owner of a '00 A4 2.8 Quattro. I loved the car. In fact I drove it so much I almost ran it out of warrantee in one 1/2 years. I tried to trade up for a newer body style when they came out, but I go the run around at the dealership and I left ticked off.
Recently, I remembered my enthusiam for the AUDI and I started looking for an A8 and or A6. I was convinved I was going to get an A8, because of size, but then I got to drive an A6 4.2. I enjoyed the car, unfortunately, I could not find a pre-owned vehicle that I loved. I had my dealership check the auctions and we found a '01 AUDI 2.7 Quattro. I drove it and I loved the acceleration more than the 4.2. I cannot wait to do a chip, exhaust and intake mods. I just need to wait a little longer as I have now just had a baby girl and she seems to want all my time.

:w00t:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My intent was to mod the:

- Wheels
- Tires
- Chip
- Braking system
- Exhaust
- Intake
- Later on go to the K04 Turbos
- Door Blades

But then came the brake problems with the care. It seems the garage did not figure out to examine the braking system when I bought the car, but just repaired the vibration that existed in the front brakes. They supposedly replaced the brakes rotors with OEM replacements. Following that the rear brakes and then the tires went a little screwy and those needy replacing. Then the "new front rotors" started vibrating and the same mechanic said they needed to be replaced. :angry: I asked how brake rotors go bad in 4k miles he they had a little conference and all was done without cost to me. :) So instead of a few thousand to put into the car, I now only have a few hundred dollars budget.....at least for a little while.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!

Please post any questions in the correct forums for a quicker answer!!!

Enjoy!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts