Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, thanks for taking time to read this but i am having a hard time finding aftermarket parts to quickin my 2.8 99 a4. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or where to look, and does anyone know of a chip that would work for my car? thank you all!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
theres not much for the 2.8, u can get an exhaust and intake but thats its, theres a chip that gives like 5hp not really worth it

and theres a supercharger for like 5000-7000

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

wow that really isint to much but what links would those mods be under, at least take a good look at them before i rule anything out:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
the supercharger is it. in terms of any real performance gains. the exhaust and chip will net very little for the $$...unless you get the supercharger.
supersprint makes headers for it but, i think you would have to go custom job from the headers back(not that big of a deal).
milltek makes a nice catback exhaust.
if you have a tiptronic giac has a reprogramed module that really helps cure the hesatations and lazy shifting. i believe this can be installed in the factory computer by giac.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
as ive said many times before on the chip issue, i luv it. lol yea they have a point of it not giving much hp, but it produces its value in other ways. much much better throttle responce,way better top end,removes limiter,and gives u an rpm range to 7200rpms. i feel that its worth the $300. and its better than nothing in my opinion!!! i also have the milltek cat-bacw/mid pipe. didnt add much hp either but i felt a diff in power. its more of looks,and sound but i still think it was a good buy.u shld get urself a k&n short ram intake first. easiest mod out there for less than 50bux if ur gonna make it urself!!! sounds good,and adds a bit of hp. have fun w/ the 2.8l!!! to me its an underdog waiting to be unleashed especially if u get ur hands on a blower!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts