Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, this is my first post as an Audi owner, I recently bought a 2001 Audi a4 1.9TDI, unfortunately 3 days after I bought it (private sale) the left hand side dipped beam bulb blew.... I ordered 2 new bulbs off a web site, question is, what is the easiest way to change the bulb. Oh and a day after the left went the right went. now I have no dipped beam. I need to know what screws to remove to allow the headlight to move forward (away from the car), no way I can get at the bulbs with the headlight where it is.

Anyone have a few pictures they could send me to point me in the right direction. Thanks and I really appreciate any help you can give. Great web site.

Alan

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
bump for a sweet site i never knew :liebe011:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks allwheelgrip for the link to the site, does look like it will give enough space to get the bulbs out. Thanks a mil Alan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are four screws holding in each headlight - you only need to remove 2 and loosen the other 2. .....

NOW you post this link. I changed bulbs today and lost one of the bottom scews. And since i didn't bother takin off the undertray i now have only 3.

oh-well, i got the lights working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sd

just as a warning....when i had my dippped lights out it was not just 'because they blew'

i lost one, got it fixed, lost the other...got it fixed...back and forth

5 times...then turn signals, etc

there ended up being a short INSIDE the headlight

so i hope you dont have the same problem....although it seems like it since you just happen to lose 2 at the same time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Burning Bulbs

So who else is burning an insane amount of bulbs. I've had it with Audi's service department, these guys are criminals. (Literally, a friend of mine has his sub boxes jacked by the service dept while in the shop).

Anyway, in 6 months I've had the following go on me:

- Both headlights
- Left taillight
- Left front turnsignal
- Bulb illuminating the headlight/foglight dial next to steering wheel

And it seems my sunroof is sporadically opening to vent and closing.

Anyone know whats going on??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts