Audi Forums banner

Help Tyre Pressures?A4 2009

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pricklypair 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Would anyone have idea what tyre pressures for an Audi 2009 A4 2.0TDI 170PS, S Line Exec Quattro Avant would be? The tyres are RS4 style alloys on 255/35/19inch Dunlop, Ive tried the pressure that is stated in door pillar and it still does not feel right? Maybe its just the state of the roads in the UK!! Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)

#2 ·
B8 A4 Tyre Pressures

Hello PaulW88.

Just joined forum so sorry for late reply.

I've been driving a 58' plate A4 3.0 TDI for 8 months around the roads in Aberdeenshire. It's still shed with the original 18" Bridgestones. After playing about with the tyre pressures (reducing/increasing/recommended values) I've come to the conclusion it's the steering/handling set up that's at fault, combined with the wheel size/tyre stiffness. This is on an A4 with the full drive select fitted. The car drives fine on smooth roads but as soon as any type of rutting exists it jumps about all over the place. I've even considered dropping down to 17" or 16" wheels to see if it improves things but I've still to bite the bullet and invest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.