Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my A4 has started fluctuating when idle if i stop, for about 10-12 seconds the rev needle is bouncing around from 300 to 1000. Once waiting the 12 seconds it finally settles and is fine until i press the throttle (as long as the clutch is pressed to the floor) the idle speed fluctuates again however when moving the car is fine, but stopping at junctions and lights is a real problem.

I took it to my local audi dealer but they said they didnt know what it was and could replace parts that may fix it or may not but i would have to pay for them regardless. I have to say i was not impressed with this.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello.

Might be MAF sensor or Lambda sensor. I don't know where they are located, but at least for the Lambda sensor, if you find it, you can disconnect it. If the engine runs well with it disconnected, then you have to replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was having the same problem and did a search which told me to take out the MAF sensor and spray it down with carb cleaner, let air dry, and reinstall, i did this and my problem went away, car runs real smooth and idles stay where its supposed to............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts