Audi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been driving my car lately as hers is getting its front end repair after we got involved in a hit and run.

On her way to work she rolled down the rear LH window but now it wont roll back up

She managed to pull it up out of the door and get it to close that way but it doesn't stay there very securely.

The window will still roll back down with the controls but wont roll up for anything!

Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas on how much the Stealers will want to fix it as its just out of its warranty with 51500 miles

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
personally id open the door card up and have a little ganders at whats gone wrong you never know it could be somthing minor that you could put right yourself instead of taking it down to the stealers who might say xyz even if its nothing and end up gettin you to fork out for new glass aswell lol they'v the nerve to try trust me .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that feeling too but i dont want to make a pigs ear out of it. I took the fiber glass band off with ease, i figured it just pulled off and it did. I saw 2 screws for the door release and one more just to the side and behind it. Other than that i didn't see any.

The wifey will probably yell at me for not taking it to the stealers, she hates DIY unless it flat packed and comes with instructions then she all over me to "fix" it.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
does it not roll up using the drivers controls or the rear window control??

All it its when the switch in the electric windows button fails i always seems that you can roll down but not up..

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RickT said:
does it not roll up using the drivers controls or the rear window control??

All it its when the switch in the electric windows button fails i always seems that you can roll down but not up..

Cheers
I opened up the door card and one of the clips that holds the wire that pulls it up is worn and it will pop out under pressure its temporarily fixed but i got to make sure nobody uses it. I have to take it into the dealers to get it fixed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easier said then done Rick,

What needs replacing is the actualy plastic that connects the glass window to the wire pully and the runner. There is minimal space that u can actually work with in the door itself so i can see it going from bad to worse with the inpatience and breaking of more things.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HarisMic said:
Easier said then done Rick,

What needs replacing is the actualy plastic that connects the glass window to the wire pully and the runner. There is minimal space that u can actually work with in the door itself so i can see it going from bad to worse with the inpatience and breaking of more things.
Dealer wants $110 to look at my power seat and he said if they need to open the door card it will be another $110 + SC Sales tax at 3.5%. GITS!
This is before they even fix anything!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How long ago was the impact? i would take it back to the bodyshop and get them to check if any fault codes are stored in the system. Maybe you can contact the insurance company and tell them the car has still got a fault.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Default Help Rear Window Wont Roll Back Up :(

are u still struggling w/ this problem?? if so let me know. i just replaced my window regulator and taking off the window assembly on a B6 can be quite a hassle if you have no idea what you're getting into (like me when i started the replacement)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No i took it to Audi and they fixed it and yeah it was the regulator! It looked like a royal pain in the arse to fix i tell you that, so i handed it over to Audi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it's not really that big of a pain to fix, but you just need the right direction. glad you got it fixed tho.. it's a really annoying problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts