Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unit is a warranty replacement, meaning it's probably a crappy reman unit. Not getting heat. Need to diagnose head unit or find heater valve and/or actuator. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dannebrog said:
The unit is a warranty replacement, meaning it's probably a crappy reman unit. Not getting heat. Need to diagnose head unit or find heater valve and/or actuator. Any help is appreciated.
ok - i took the dash apart and it looks like all flaps and actuators are moving ok. Could it be something inside the heater valve? Or maybe a clogged core? Anyone ever heard of these issues? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this happen on my '01 Passat the other week. Turned out to be a clogged heater core. You can check for outflow from the heater core. Remove the panel covering the battery below the windsheild. There are two hoses that pass through the firewall. Slide back the black plastic cover to reveal the two hoses (about 1 inch diameter). With the engine running (for safety engine should be cool) squeeze the hose clamps with pliers. Hose on right-coolant flows into heater core. Hose on left-coolant flows out of heater core. If core is clogged no coolant will flow out of heater core. This is a crude way to check but should work. Please note that you will be messing with a system that could contain pressurized hot coolant and could be quite messy or burn you. Have towels ready to clean up and prevent spray.

·
Registered
3 Posts
unplug the heater flap motors and i think your get your heat back then get a one from the breakers i would be surprised if its the control panal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts