Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps,i'm in need of some help,while out for a drive today, my car suddenly lost power and now it wont start,i called the rac out as i couldnt find the prob.
its got a good spark,fuel is getting to the metering head but not passed it, i was told there is a shut off valve for the metering head which is fused,i couldnt see any blown fuses in the engine bay, is there another fuse box in the cabin somewhere ? or is there a relay for this ?
the car is a 1992 audi 80 16v avant

please help

kind regards stefan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ya.

I think my 90 developed a similar prob yesterday. The RAC guy had a look. The guy diagnosed that the fuel was not getting through to the injectors, because of the part that kinda looks like a pineapple laying on its side (lots of 3/4 inch recessed squares) near the front of the engine (black plastic part) was not sealed, and apparently it makes a vacuum. I have no idea what this piece of equipment is or does, but it is fuel system related. I wasn't actually in attendance to ask - girlfriend was - and now I want to fully understand the problem. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stefan,
I have a starting problem on my 1995 80 which is caused by the immobilisor on the ignition barrel - not sure if your car has one.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts