Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the other day i was at a stop and my car started idling crazy..and the car started bogging, then when i went to try and accellerate it, & it wasnt wanting to go- but it did- it was just a slow take off, i put some fuel injection cleaner in it hoping maybe that had something to do with it, and drove for about 40 mins and nothing was better. Until I got up to the speed of 55 and jumped on it and it got up on it and everything seemed fine (i drove like this for about 10 mins). then when I went back down to 35 it was still having problems (bogging while i was driving). Anyone happen to have an idea? I filled my gas tank up that day, so maybe bad gas? or need a new fuel filter? my bro installed a sub and amp in the day before that also. I dont know...its aggrivating!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Sounds like your coil packs might be failing!!

Get the car plugged in to VAG-COM for a fault code read out to be sure...

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
sounds like a misfire caused by a faulty coil pack... common replacment part... pretty cheap,., £25 in the uk.. only 2 screws to undo.. 5 min repair job.

how ever you need to find which pack is down

Rickt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How can you tell which one is down? by doing the vag com thing? Ill be having my bro look at it today, I know he knows a lot about japanese cars. Maybe just take it to Audi. Just dont wanna spend unnecessary money, or get ripped off-me being a girl, and obviousely no clue about these things!

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm...okay Ill have to do that, if all fails i will just take it to audi, i have to get a new timing belt sometime soon here anyway..
Thank you!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out it was the ignition coil. So I took it to Audi..im getting that fixed a long with a timing belt. Cant wait to get it back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts