Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new. I have a 2001 A4 Avant and I had to change my battery this weekend. It was a used car and I do not have the code to get the radio out of SAFE mode. Is there a "secret" code that works on all cars? Or am I destined to pay the $105 the dealer wants to find the code? Thanks for any and all help,
Randerson

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
do u have the manual cause there should be another book with the code but if not u gotta bite the bullet

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you have the radio tools you can try removing the radio to see if someone put the code on it or it is sometimes hidden inside the glove box on top stamped or in the trunk wjere the spare tire goes there may be paper slip on the side if it was not removed upon delivery.otherwise yes youll have to pay the dealer.also if you have the owners guide it may be in there on a card

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response. I have the radio book, the card was torn off at the perforations and is nowhere to be found :( I guess I will have to skip a few Starbucks lattes this month :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
find out if the batt has been changed by an audi dealer in the past.if so,they might have the codes.
i replaced my battery yesterday and went to a audi dealer today for the codes,they had them on a paper file in back.
good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
find out if the batt has been changed by an audi dealer in the past.if so,they might have the codes.
i replaced my battery yesterday and went to a audi dealer today for the codes,they had them on a paper file in back.
good luck

·
Registered
212 Posts
hello,
during time necessary to the replacement of the battery, place this an ordinary pile of 9 volts ( not a 9 V refillable battery which could explode) in the cigar-lighter of the front console.
It makes it possible to keep all the memories of the vehicle.
Not to switch on of the vehicle.

[attachmentid=900]

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer writes the code under the hood and check underneath the ash tray for the 4 digit code. Call another service dept and another dealership and tell them you live out of town and you need the radio code. Give your vin and most will help you out(or at least tell you where to find the code in the car).

I'll just slide out the radio and get the code or serial number off the back of the radio and call the dealer to get code... I'll rather spend a few dollars on removing the radio at home or at a radio shop(circuit city or a audio shop).

I have my code.. I just need help on resetting my safe mode!!!

HELP!!!!! I have a 1998' Audi A6 Q with the Bose radio...

The Ikon

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you know the selling dealer, check with them, they often store that kind of information in there systems.

Failing that, have a dealer replace the battery and make the recode there issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The trick is not remove power from the car. I also had the same situation and used a battery charger (12V trickler) conected to the +/_ battery cables. This will provide the needed 12V to the car when you disconnect these same cables from the battery. Disconnected the old battery and replaced with new battery and connect the +/_ cables. Saved $100 plus. It's not hard. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts