Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1989 audi 200 turbo, the oil line that feeds the turbo burst one day. The cam shaft seized a little. My dad tried to fix it a half ass way, but ill get to that later. So we fixed the oil line and its all set. But theres no spark, the timing may be 180 degrees off, will that cause the engine to not spark? the timing gun light worked fine about 1 time out of 100 tries, about 20 times the gun flashed once. My dad looked online and found something that said the map(turbo sensor) may be saying that there is too much pressure in the turbo. but the HUD says it is putting out 1.0-1.1 bar which is normal under highway speeds. We tried changing the coil, replaced the distributor, and checked the fuses. The wires that run from the control module to the coil are putting out power when the key is on run or acc. most other electrical components work fine. But i am worried that the cam shaft will vibrate like hell because my dad used sandpaper to take off the seizure marks, and when the engine was made audi put a silicon lubricant on it, but everybody probably does that. Please help me. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
So your not getting a spark when you turn your engine, but your coil is getting a charge out??

Try your ignition switch, i had a problem with mine too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mottollino said:
So i have a 1989 audi 200 turbo, the oil line that feeds the turbo burst one day. The cam shaft seized a little. My dad tried to fix it a half ass way, but ill get to that later. So we fixed the oil line and its all set. But theres no spark, the timing may be 180 degrees off, will that cause the engine to not spark? the timing gun light worked fine about 1 time out of 100 tries, about 20 times the gun flashed once. My dad looked online and found something that said the map(turbo sensor) may be saying that there is too much pressure in the turbo. but the HUD says it is putting out 1.0-1.1 bar which is normal under highway speeds. We tried changing the coil, replaced the distributor, and checked the fuses. The wires that run from the control module to the coil are putting out power when the key is on run or acc. most other electrical components work fine. But i am worried that the cam shaft will vibrate like hell because my dad used sandpaper to take off the seizure marks, and when the engine was made audi put a silicon lubricant on it, but everybody probably does that. Please help me. Thanks
Im sure you have it running by now, if not ck sjm autotec. I have just installed a new engine in my 91 200 10v. the old engine had a cooling system failure. upon inspection the enging had numerous mechanical failures frozen rings, scored cylinder walls, two pistons with pitting, rotten head gasket, warped head, etc. I couldnt salvage it. bought a new one... the new engine would not start untill I set the distributor to 0, cam to valve cover mark and all vaccuum leaks sealed. if you ran the enging without oil long enough to damage the cam it would be a good idea to check the crank and big end bearings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts