Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

firstly hello to all , i have visited quite regualr & had a good read up on the things you guys get up to .....

i have a 92' URS4 ( 100 avant shape) , she's got 187k on the clock & i can still out place a TT , until saturday ....

going down the motorway she started to splutter , by the time i pulled over it had gone , intermitantly doing the same over the last few days ....

checked over the plugs & found they needed replacing ( it was 12k since last change , bad boy !!! ) better running but still lumpy

suspected she was running on 4 , cleaned up the coils & the guides to the plugs as they where pretty dirty ..... onto my questions:

1. i have read number 5 pot are known for problems , poor heat disipation. any suggestions?
2. there was oil around the guides ( and after close inspection of the rocker gasket i suspect i have a small leak ) is this a job for a mortal ?
3. anybody suggest way of testing the coils ( after a good clean & spray with WD40 she's sound ... but for how long ....
4. lastly a good place to source coils , with having 5 & £130 a pop could be expensive if i'm wrong ....

thanks all , any comments / ideas appriceated

cheers

mostin :gunsmilie:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts