Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought and installed this K&N Intake. It’s a multiple app that can be used on almost any car connects right to the OEM hose. Anyway the problem is it cam with no heat shield. The unit seems to be working great so far and has made a noticeable difference It just that I would like to do whatever I can to make it perform to its max.

Dose anyone know if I can get a shield that is already designed to fit the space or am I going to have to prefab something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there anyone in CT who knows of any local clubs or events arount Fairfield County???

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ive got a k&n aswell and after a lot of messing around i finally decided to put the filter in the original airbox using various bit of pipe and silicone hosing. Now it has a direct cold air feed into the box and the original heat shield is still there. Also if you want it to still growl just take off half of the cold air feed goin to the box. Worked for me, give it a go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that sounds pretty innovate, do u have any pictures that could help give some idea?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea i was bored at work one day ha ha. I'll try an take some pics. Basically i used a bit of alloy piping at a 45 degree angle into the box with the filter attached to the end. Then i used some silicone hosing to attach the oem hose to the alloy pipe and thats about it. Theres 2 little brackets that hold the oem panel filter up and you can take them out to get room for the k&n.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts