Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i've got an A3 SPORT SERIES 1 1998. The problem is that i'm trying to install a new headunit but don't know what i need, can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a Audi A3 1.6se , ( Bose sound system installed )

Firstly do you have a bose amp and bass box all in one unit stored in the boot left compartment ( passenger side ) , black in colour designed with a arch to fitt over the wheel arch with a 6" sub in front and a round nokia sticker near that...

That box is the amp and sub powering the back speakers located in the side panels back seats location and sub woofer ,

If you have that you have a nice system but not loud as we all hope and the stock hu doesn't do much but could do better if you fit a cd shuttle in the boot , wiring is already the for it if you have the bose sound system ( cable located behind the sub/amp box - round din type plug )

I installed a pioneer wma/mp3 cd head unit but only get the front working at the moment

what i had to do to get that far was get a wiring kit ( audi a3 wiring to pioneer kit ) plus side panels

to get the back speakers working you will have to do new wires front the headunit to the speakers ( i haven't done that one yet )

Good luck , hope that helped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts