Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 1999 A6 privately about 4 months ago. I found that the headlight washers dont seem to be working at all. What is a good way to troubleshoot this problem? Is there a individual washer pump for each headlight or do they run off of the same one? Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
My A4 headlite washers run off the same pump as the windshield washers. It is activated by pulling and holding the windshield washer activator switch and after a few seconds, the system builds up sufficeint pressure that the headlite washers then kick in as well. If yours operates the same way, you may want to verify there are no leaks or holes in the lines that feed the headlite washers.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I have the exact same car, exact same problem. I have not gotten mine fixed yet. I was told that they would need to replace both of them at about $250 a piece!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hold on,

Literally. I thought my headlight washers didn't work on my A6 either until one night I pulled on the washer lever a little longer then usual and all of a sudden I thought I hit a patch of fog, but it was the headlight washers working.

It just takes a little time for them to kick in.

cheers :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts