Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my FNS headlight beam, it looks like I have my fog light on, it points into the gutter, It has just had its first MOT and the bloke that does em is very hot on lights. They passed on the lights although he did make a comment on how one of them didnt look very bright.
I would take the bulb out and have a look at it........but it looks a little complicated.......write a day off throwing spanners around
Anyone one point me in the right direction????? because my lights are'nt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
When you say it looks like a fog light... what you mean?? it bright?? -

i would take the headlight out and make sure the bulb is seated correctly..

or get some new bulbs and refit...

also theres a little grub screw and which you can lift / drip each headlight...

below is the post i updated a while back regarding the replacment of headlight bulbs.

really simple..

You need to take the headlight unit out if its on the left hand side (due to power steering reservoir, if on the right hand side you can just about get to the cover to remove it...
If you need to remove the head lights .. it simple... 4 torque screws on the top.. undo and slide towards youself.... (place on something soft and remove the plastic cover and change bulb.. reinstall and tighten )

Thats all thats to it..

( Also.... please use the search function on the top of the forum as i lot of common issues have already been posted and resolved... it could save you time!! )

Thanks

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, what I was trying to explain was I have a beam like someone pointing a torch into the very low nearside,lenght of vision is poor at night. I can see lovely by my nearside front bumper. It is quite a lot brighter than the rest of the beam :beer:
I'll give the bulb a look, Replacement bulbs? any suggestion on what is best?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts