Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,....

Im planining going to France from the UK and was wondering if you can change the beam from the RIGHT HAND DRIVE setting to the LEFT HAND DRIVE setting easily?? I dont really want to put the BLACK beam blankers on as this will discolour the headlights lense and also your not meant to put these on plastic lenses due to the amount of heat generated.

I dont have HID's, just the standard H7 type of bulb (using high powered Xeon gas filled bulbs 5000K)

Any ideas how to do this or i may just dont bother and leave it!!,.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no.. on the B6 the Low beams are H7.. (i replaced these last week)

Any one have any ideas or is it just tje black blanking tape??

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, I think on the A4 one side it's pretty easy to do on the headlight instead with a small lever, but the other side is a pain with air manifold, etc. don't have my manual to hand, but should be something in there as well.

Also, I drive in Europe a lot and to be honest now, never bother with this, and no flashes, just keep your lights low with the adjuster.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that... yeah i will just point the headlights down to the ground option 3.. Saves a lot of hassle....
and as long as i can see :p

Cheers...

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi.... just been looking into this and a couple of forums say it can be done... (posts are over 2 years old) but no info on how to do it??

Any further ideas>> ??

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any one every find out how to adjust the beam from LHD to RHD...??

(i was thinking and i dont think you can otherwise when ordering Headlights why would you have to chose LHD or RHD??)

Got some highlight beam reflectors so will see if they work!!

i have drove many LHD cars in the correct country so a RHD, driving on the right should be different!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Rick i used these on my Audi when i went to France at christmas http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEADLAMP-BEAM-DEFLEC...1QQcmdZViewItem .

When i came back i just pilled them off again and used some glass cleaner-good as they were before.

You have got to be very wary of the French police who will give you (the british motorist ) a on the spot fine for non correct vehicle confirmation for driving in France.I have heard it can be about 170 euros- not nice.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah there the ones i got the other day off ebay.. i paid £6 inc delivery..

had a look at the diagrams inside and it looks as if its really0 a guessing game to put it exactly, i know you only need the round part and put it approx 1 inch to the right of your bulb...

any advise on the correct place..

did yours work at night?? could you tell the differnace with the beam??

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I used the whole sticker as if i put it slightly in the wrong place i thought it might not dazzle oncoming vehicles as much.

I just followed the diagram as you say but it was a bit unclear(i suppose the deflector manufacturers are trying to cover so many makes of car).

Luckily i only needed to drive in twighlight so used my side lights instead in case i was wrong with the positioning but knew if i was pulled over by the frech police at least i had made a effort to conform to there retstrictions.

Just a thought have you got a spare bulb pack as this is also required by law for driving on the continent.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As you say at least if you have tried to make an effort they cant do much really i guess... Yeah i went to Andrew Page the other day for bulbs.. ( 48p each!! - just need to dig out my old headlight bulbs now so i have a spare..( but i dont expect to be driving to much in the dark!!

all TOMTOM'ed up and ready to go!!

(Sunday that is!!)

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Good luck and have a safe journey

Watch out for the mad french motorists that come right up you arse at 70 mph and nearly ram you off the road till you move out of their way.It happened to me and is the worst case of tailgating i have seen anywhere.

The french are notorious for being amongst the worse drivers in the world and have a serious accident rate on there roads. lol.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yah will take it easy as in no massive rush... however.. it will make a change been able to drive at 80MPH (130K) on Toll roads legal for a change!!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
damn, its 55 here and other spots of NY its 50 on our parkways (motorways)

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek:fftopic: and non B6 topic... but as we have all been reading i thought i would post!!
yeah i still cant beleive that the US as a 50mph limit... however i guess there are a lot of places to open it up tho!!!!!

Was just reading online today that the average speed on the Motorway in the UK is 87MPH -- which means theres got to of been a lot of people going quicker!! (EXCLUDING HGV's)

Have a read.....

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13520511,00.html

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
damnnnnnnnn... average speed on the 495 here... i think it was 15 mph during rush hour (5 pm) and during the transit strike (public transportation stopped) it took 2 hours to go 2 and a half miles.... sad furthur out east though there are a few open area's but theres always d-tec's and cops all over hiding out... really sucks

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL!! you wanna go to Germany on the Autobans where theres no speed limit!! drive as fast as you like!!

Seen a video on a Mclaren SLR doing 211MPH!! and they said it would only do 208MPH!! LOL!!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
hahaha nice, im lucky if i can find room to get it up to 70 lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts