Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m confused now,just had an email from the guys that remap my car and they say as follows" They have had issues in the past with these kits, the valve gets stuck and causes hesitation. They also found when they tested the forge DV the intake temperature increased which you do not want to happen on these engines and the pressure dropped at full load at the intercooler."

Has anyone else had any of the above experiences with this valve? or is the tuning guy talking crap? If its true are there risks of damage to my system?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm curious to know who is making these claims and what data they have to substantiate them. As for the 007 valve getting stuck, it is possible if the valve is not maintained properly. We provide instructions on our website on how to perform the service and how to test the valve to see if it requires maintenance. Here is the link:
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/valve_service(1).pdf
As for the intake temps increasing, IF the valve were stuck the turbo would have to work harder to reach wastegate pressure and temps could increase, this could also account for the last problem that I'm taking to mean a loss of boost pressure but the sentence is not worded clearly.

From the limited information available, their claim that our valves are the cause of these problems is no different than draining the oil from an engine and claiming it to be unreliable after it seizes.

If there is a valid problem with the valve we are more than happy to repair or replace the valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts