Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have not long had my audi 80 its on a H plate 91.
when its cold or i have left it for a few hours it takes a hell of a long time to start
but when the car warmed up it starts first time.
its had new plugs and leads a new air filter but theres no change as any one got any ideas how to fix this problem or is it a normal problem for the car so if any one as any idea. thanks jay

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in the US and I know that that it gets real cold over there (atleast I think so) When you say hard to start do you mean like it takes a long time or you mean that it will not start on first crank up).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Issue

i have not long had my audi 80 its on a H plate 91.
when its cold or i have left it for a few hours it takes a hell of a long time to start
but when the car warmed up it starts first time.
its had new plugs and leads a new air filter but theres no change as any one got any ideas how to fix this problem or is it a normal problem for the car so if any one as any idea. thanks jay
Jay, I have been experiencing this same problem, Hav eyou figured it ouy yet and if so may you share the answer with me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the US and I know that that it gets real cold over there (atleast I think so) When you say hard to start do you mean like it takes a long time or you mean that it will not start on first crank up).
I seem to have the same problem, I belive even when it is below 60 degrees it takes well over 3 times and when started it chugs for a few minutes(3-5 min). When warmed up it starts great, but when not started for an hour or so it will do the same thing. HArd to start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hard To Start In Cold Weather !!!

Hi,

It seems that you have problem with your COLD START VALVE and/or Thermo-time switch!
You have to check the working of Cold start valve, cuz this item is too important in the cold weather, it's the fifth Injector that inject fuel at the begining to make the engine start directly.

Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts