Audi Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Actually, I saw your link and saw autohausaz LOL! The mind works in mysterious ways.

Dude, I love Mini's! I told my wife that's the next car I wanna get. I prefer the original ones, but a new one would be cool too. Sorry bout your loss there... That really sucks.

Are we the only two on these forums? hahahah!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, don't you just love spam bots?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOW! Now that's funny! I hate it when people come in and act like that. I'm on soooo many forums I lost count. I've been put in my place once and that's all it took.

Well, here's for hoping it doesn't pour down rain this weekend. I have a garage, but it's full of workbenches and video games...LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey, BTW... You said to spray the throttle body with throttle body cleaner... Is that the same stuff as carb cleaner?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Greg,
Hey man.. I did some work to her this weekend... Have a few nagging questions.

The ISV valve... What can be said... I took it out and low and behold it was soaked with fuel!! ????????? How can that happen? I was thinking maybe a bad valve at the charcoal canister?? Would that back feed raw fuel into the ISV?

I cleaned the curd out of it for like 1/2 hour with brake cleaner. Let it soak for 1/2 hour, then cleaned it again. Seemed to run okay after that... then today the idle is back to it's old tricks.

I found the top of the charcoal canister has a rubber cap that was loose. Would that kill the vacuum in the canister and back feed the fuel / fuel vapor to the ISV?

What part number is on the stock injectors? mine has an 034 on it (if memory serves). And they look brand new.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Christen...Sorry didn't reply sooner just got off work. Yeah that would cause the ISV to load up with fuel. As for the stock injectors it should be...
054 133 but I can't remember the rest. Yeah they may look brand new but they might be still leaking down into the cylinders when the car is off. Mine looked brand new aswell so I changed them. Trust me get that injector upgrade kit from 034...you can't go wrong with it and it is a very easy install.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just got to save my pennies for it...LOL Things are tight in the States.

I made a mistake, yes, 054 not 034.

Another question... LOL I'm just full of 'em. Sorry.

Will the car run ok with the ISV disconnected? I disconnected it while it was doing it's idle fluctuation and it steadied out, the idle jumped to about 1300rpm. Will this damage the car or should I just leave it connected? I believe it's still getting flooded with fuel, so one of the valves at the charcoal canister isn't functioning correctly. I need to throw some power to them for a test.

Know of any place on line I can get a wiring schematic?

Thanks for your help! I'll be a pro in no time...hahahaha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Pssssst! Hey Greg...LOL ^^^^^:D:lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hahahaha... Had a question for you on the bottom of page 3... You 'da man!

Hey, I might sell the wife's Jetta and get a 1997 Audi A6 Quattro. 4cyl Turbo. Needs a little work, but all in all a nice car... And the price is right. Asking 1500.00 but I may be able to trade for an arcade machine. LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh, BTW... I looked into my fog light issue. I removed the relay and opened it up. Looked good and I tested it with 12v... It works fine. I had a buddy listen for it while I turned the switches on..... No clicky. The fuse is fine, so I guess I look into the switch 'eh? <--- Canadian humor. ;)

Have any spare switches?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Be carefull of the 4 cyl A6's. Known for blowing head gaskets. Also it prolly needs a timing belt done and the water pump. No I don't have any spare switches but check the relay first before you go after the switch. As for running with the ISV disconnected...it can be done but your idle will be all over the place. Not recomended but I've done it but only for a very short period of time. Also I checked to see if I have a spare ISV and unfortunately I do not. Sorry man.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No problem Greg... Hey, while we're on the subject of parts.. Think you have a spare charcoal canister with the two valves on top?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts