Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

i got some of the below bulbs which have failed on me after only 3 days.. i have included a pic of the bulb where you can see the glass has melted and a puff of smoke and apeared to be lit when turned off.... fire!!!!!

i got them off ebay so beware...

The first picture is what is advertised on EBAY (HID XENON BLUE)

The PIAA pic is the ones i got.. Hoewever i think they were fake ones as they stated 3950k but they was as blue a light on a christmas tree!!

However i have now got good at changing the bulbs!! took me 9 mins to do both sides!!! :) :)

Cheers

Rickt

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
That sucks big time! Luckily i haven't bought my bulbs yet so i will deffinetly beware! Will spend a litttle extra i think and get the MTEC bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i have always said buy cheap, buy twice... however he is refunding the cost and P+P for me..

Cheers

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Rick T said:
However i have now got good at changing the bulbs!! took me 9 mins to do both sides!!! :) :)

Can you come and do mine for me Rick,thats really fast probably quiker than the stealers could do it LOL

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL!! yeah i will.. you pay for fuel from West Yorkshire to Devon and £5 a min!! and its a deal.........!!

Tommorrow night sound good??

LOL!

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
55W to 100W however on the box it said 145W!!! so dunno there LOL!!!

however they will only go as bright as the amount of power provided to them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am new to this site and was wondering if any of you guys could help me with bulbs?...I have just converted to hidsdirect xenon headlights but I need as much info as I can get reference replacing the hi beam bulbs and fogs. i.e. what bulbs I need and where to get them. I believe the hi beam are H7 but so are the low beam I think...how does that work? And I believe that the fogs are H11. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW .. thats scary .. lucky i didnt look at ebay for my bulbs ... just got a set of H7 Osram night breakers ... will fit them this weekend.. hope they worth the $ :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive gone through a few of these on my avant sport but the best purchase I ever made on this car is getting an HID KIT 8000K, Trust me once you drive with these babies you dont ever want to go back to Halagen, fit them in 2 1.5 years ago and on probs!!

Deaf worth it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
HID kit

Ive gone through a few of these on my avant sport but the best purchase I ever made on this car is getting an HID KIT 8000K, Trust me once you drive with these babies you dont ever want to go back to Halagen, fit them in 2 1.5 years ago and on probs!!

Deaf worth it!!
@adam786786, where did u get ur HID kit from.. can i ask how much.. and how difficult was it to install... i'm considering doing such a conversion in the new year. thanks. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
WOW .. thats scary .. lucky i didnt look at ebay for my bulbs ... just got a set of H7 Osram night breakers ... will fit them this weekend.. hope they worth the $ :)

I stuck with the factory replacement sylvania bulbs...I can see just fine with them and they are availible at your local parts store.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought these of ebay for approx for £35, if you type in AUDI HID, These kits are especially desighned for the B6 Audi. I fitted in them myself took me about an hour, the electrics are very easy but getting the bulb in etc is hard part BUT deaf worth it!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
the reason that the light bubbles up like that is becuase whoever installed it touched the actual glass part of the bulb...which believe it or not transfers even the smallest bit of oil from ur fingers and then the oil heats up when the light is on and poof it bubbles and burns right threw...been there before lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts