Audi Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ours sounds like there are pigeons in the engine compartment. When the dealer had it and gave us a loaner car, the loaner car was very bad and it only had 19k miles. It was embarrasing to drive it and it was an 09. Audi needs to hire some new engineers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
P/S groaning noise

Thank you for posting the P/S noise repair. The hose clamp worked. Should I replace the resivour anyway? My 03 has 96K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My steering would whine when it gets cold out (40 degrees or so seemed to trigger it). I went to change the clamps on the power steering suction hose as it had a little fluid on the end and I had read that was a common problem. However, once I got the stupid Audi clamp off it literlly took me hours to get the hose off! It was very hard and basically crumbled on the outside but seemed to be molded on. I had to cut and cut the bottom part to get it off. Finally I was able to get it off. I bought a new hose for around $30 at the stealership along with the $25 fluid. Getting the new hose on was no easy job either. These hoses fit very very tight. Tighting the bottom clamp was next to impossible due to it's placement. Eventually I managed.

I topped the fluid off, jacked up the car, turned the wheels back and forth with the car off and then on. And now I have NO POWER STEERING! So frustrating. I can't figure it out. The pump makes no noises what so ever. It made some grinding noises for a few turns when I first turned it on and was turning the wheel. After that, no noises and no power steering.

Anyone else had this problem? Please help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 2004 A4 3.0 V6, I get the groaning noise in the powered steering on cold mornings. I'm going to try Afzal's solution when I find the time, I'll have to do it in the morning or when I get home while the sun's still up.

I'll report back on this topic if I remember to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Such a pity !Sorry but I have never heard about it so I can’t help u here Maybe the best solution is to go the nearest car service?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Groaning noises can also appear and these are the worst noises a steering pump can make. As the pump continues to fail, the groaning gets worse. These noises often appear only when driving at low speeds and making turns. These can also indicate low fluid levels and should be checked as soon as possible.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts