Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Audi A6 cars. The 1995 model 2.6 operates at a constant temperature no matter what the driving conditions but the 1996 2.8 varies all the time. A new thermostat and replacement coolant did not seem to do the trick. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have some advice?
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
:00000732: Haai Fluit-fluit my name is corne and i'm also from SA, Lichtenburg In North West I have a Audi 500 SEL 2.8 V6 I also have the problem with the temperature it goes haywire but never overheats so I think you shouldn't worry :innocent:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an Audi 100 Avant Quattro, with the V6 petrol engine. Although the temperature is normally steady, in slow moving traffic, or when it is very hot, she boils. I thought that the thermostat was responsible, and had it changed, several times. During a major rebuild, caused by the disintigration of the fanblet tensioning puuley, the mechanic noticed that the area of the radiator where the thermostat pick-up is fitted, was totally blocked with sediment! Thus the sensor was insensible to high temperatures.
Hope this might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts