Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Depends on the quality of your dealer, and whether they get sales incentives from the tyre supplier.

I joined this forum to se if anyone else has done some comparison shopping in this regard. The advice from the competition tyre shop that I have been a customer of for several years is to go with the Toyo Garit HT. They're fairly expensive, but extremely highly rated. I'm going to outfit the A4Quattro with them probably within the next month, and then when the Edmonton winter kicks in I will have some hard- realtime data.

I've driven on Toyo GO-2's on both other cars, a Nissan Maxima GXE ('95) and our runabout VW Rabbit. In both cases, I wish I could carry the same level of grip throughout the year without sacrificing the compound.

Cine_...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the experience of negotiating rush hour+ traffic two weeks ago in snowing/melting slush conditions.
The Pirelli M+S all season radials did fairly well; there were a lot of cars around me right on or beyond the razor's edge of control. However, the A4Q did everything I asked of it.

Now I am running on the Toyo Garits... don't really notice $800 worth of difference, but my guess is that the Torsen differentials are not being taxed as hard as they might have been....

Cine_

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
my tire setup:

-Pirelli Winter SnowSport 240 tires on the stock rims.
~this is an awesome winter tire... no dramatic loss of performance, no increase road noise, etc.

-Pirelli P-Zero high proformance tires on 18" OZs

for the first few weeks i had the car i was rolling around on the stock allroad allweather tires... they're decnet, but louder than the pirelli snowsports. i had just the snowsports for 2 weeks and (i drive hard...) i found them to be alittle picky on dry hard surface - enough that i wouldnt want to use them as allweather tire (which theyre not.. so its good). as far as the p-zero's.. awesome.. 'nuff said

by the way... yes.. during the winter, i put the snowsports on ever weekend, and have the p-zero's on during the week.. you shouldnt have that problem if this is the rout you want to take - i'd put the snowsport tires on in maybe... november and leave them on till the snow is gone.

as for the p-zero's in the rain... they're alright. i drive with them in the rain all the time and they get the job done alright. the awd helps alot. i have the same tires on my 02 Jetta project car. FWD+P-Zeros+Rain+Trac. off = interesting experence.. lol

//allroad/A6 Forum Moderator//

1 - 5 of 5 Posts