Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a small problem. I unlocked my glovebox in my 02 Audi TT the other day only to find it would not open. I kept playing with the lock/latch until I finally pulled the latch off the front of the box....opps! I brought the car to the dealer and they want $900 to replace the glovebox door. I laughed and thanked them for their time.
The mechanic said I could still open the door by pushing the black plastic piece on the glove box that the latch use to fit on. I tried this many times and still can't get the darn thing to open. It feels like the left side of the box is unlatching, but not the right. I guess the lever mechanism isn't operating the right side hence the stuck door. Anyone had this problem in the past and if so, how do I get into the box without having to pay $900 bucks??? Oh yeah, to make matters worse, my cell phone has been neatly tucked inside now for about 3 weeks!

Any thoughts will be greatly received,

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
me too

The same thing just happened to me...and I have a 2002 A4. Maybe there is a 4 yr timer that sets this off so we'll buy a new one.

Your post saved me from just breaking the lock....$900 - yikes!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts