Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, brand new to the forum and Audi-owner world. Looks like there's a lot of helpful info on this forum. I searched but didn't find my particular question answered, and hope you can help. TIA!

I have a friend who is going to give me his old 1990 Audi 90. It's been sitting in his driveway for like a year, and he just wants to get it off his hands and out of his way. So my questions are:

1) Aside from buying a new battery which I already did, what else should I expect to have to do to get the car to start up? (spark? replace gasoline?)

2) He said the car was drivable when he last used it about a year ago, but the car wouldn't go into reverse. It's an automatic. Any thougths on what that could be? (maybe just add tranny fluid?)

3) I welcome all other comments about what to consider/look for as I decide if this car is worth hanging onto and trying to get running. (how can i tell if it's a 20v or quattro or whatever?)

Thanks. I know this isn't going to be a great car right off the bat, but I'm excited to learn and work on the car to restore some of it's former glory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

1) Get a new battery if ther's not enough power, should not need to change gasoline neither spark's
2) Try to have an eye on the gearbox oil level
3) If it's a 20V you will see a DOHC on the top of the engine, the admission pipes are a lot bigger and come over the top of the engine, if it's a quattro you will find transmission on the rear wheels as a rear differential, a diff button next to the handbrake and a double tube exhaust.

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts