Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I guess i have to settle with what i have.

anybody would like to share their gearbox maintenance regime?

change oil every 20000km? oil and filter every 40000km?

what about gearbox flushing? does that work? i heard some gboxes can be
restored with proper flushing.. any testiments?

ATF? do we only use VAG originals or there are good aftermarket products?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
recently, i got myself into a huge problem. i was bought into doing a gearbox flush using dextron III oil. true enuff, a lot of dirt came out. unfortunately, the gearbox went into limp mode right outside the workshop.

the next day, went to two gbox shops and confirmed that the gbox is "dead". the solenoids were done, two of the gear drums were burnt, and so was the clutches. essentially, i had to undergo a total gbox overhaul. fortunately, the gbox ppl is confident enuff to put it together and give me a 6 years break-the-gbox-if-u-can warranty..

where did i go wrong? the flushing? the oil? or the gbox's life time just incidentally expire? my 96 A4b5 had done only 95,000km.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go to the Bentley Publishers site to get an online Audi maintenance schedule. (from 1997 on - but your 1996 should be close to the same as a 1997).

Here's the link: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/audi

To all you other Audi owners, if you haven't gone to this site and downloaded the document for your car - hop to it - it's a great thing to have, and then you won't have to ask about when to do maintenance here on the list and wait for an answer.

VB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts