Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my previous post was about my car dying and acting like the motor was not getting fuel. Sure enough, new fuel filter and pump fixed the problem. Although its rather amusing how I got it fixed.

Under warranty, Audi paid to have my car towed 1.5 hours to Sacramento, CA where the closest authorized Audi dealer is. They covered the repair cost and I received a call when it was ready to picked up. The man that called me explained that the Tech who looked over my car recommends a tire rotation, for a fee. The service department was not aware that I had just purchased 6 weeks earlier from them. He then sounded confused and told me he would check with the Tech again and get back to me.

I had to drive the 1.5 hours to pick it up this morning when I met the man who had called me. He then showed me the Tech's report showing my front wear being 6/32" compared to my rear of 7/32". He said that this was really not noticeable at all and shouldn't be worried about. Pretty much being caught with his pants down, they performed the rotation at no charge. Other than this, and the 1.5 hour drive, I was happy with the Audi warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts