Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One problem goes away and a new problem starts. Since I've had my 2lt petrol '92 100 the petrol pump has been noisey (wines ALL the time :w00t: ). The car has K tronic injection system and I have been told it is not easy to change them. Has anyone tried using a S/H one as I was quoted £95 +VAT. Is there any reason for the wine other than its on it way out
:liebe011:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
24 hours pass and I think the pump may have expired. While sorting out the cooling system the pump started to get louder and louder. If you stand by the rear o/s wheel you cannot hear the person next to you for the high pitched squeal. Anyway the car started to cough and splutter there is no response from the throttle and the noise from the pump goes up /down like a police siren. You cannot drive the car as there is no accelaration. Switch off the ignition leave 5 seconds and start her up no problem drive 30 yards and she stops. I checked the filter and that seems newish and clean.
Is it the pump :w00t: :w00t:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. I bought a new pump off Ebay and arrived today. Located trap in back and removed sender unit. According to the Haynes manual you twist the pump and it lifts out :grin: . I've tried twisting it from 1 thru 90 degrees but it will not lift out :w00t: :w00t: It seems loose but when you pull upwards there is a 'rubbery' hold down feeling and it does not lift. Anyone know the easy way to get it out. Haynes also mentions the marks to align the pump when refitting. What marks am I looking for and where.
:liebe011:

The new price was £195 not £95

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Further update. Pump removed and replaced with new one. Oh how quiet it is now :) Fuel filter replaced as well, what came out of old one was BLACK :w00t:
Another job completed, just another few left to tackle.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
bump for the reference :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts